Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cooking Sunday!

Happy Sunday! We had a wonderful breakfast this morning, banana waffles, Morning Star Sausage, and hash-browns! It was so good.
I'm going to share the banana waffle recipe with you, sorta.  I can not take credit for this recipe I found it on Vegweb.com.  I did tweak it a little so I will link to the recipe and then tell you what I did different.  Banan Waffles. 

First thing first unless you are just feeding 2 people double this.  Doubling this make about 8 waffles in my waffle maker. 
 Heres what I do.
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
    2/3 cup vanilla nondairy milk (I use soy)
    2 teaspoons turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
    1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
    1 banana cut up
    1/4 cup light olive oil
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp vanilla

 Mix everything together, I use my stand mixer so the banana really gets mashed up well.  The kinda tricky part for me was finding out a good amount for my waffle maker.  I use about 1/4 and cook till the light goes out.  I never timed it but I think its about 5 minutes.  These are pretty standard in my house everyone loves them and there are never any leftovers. Hope everyone has a great Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment