Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cooking Sunday!

Ever have one of those days where you wake up and just want to start cooking or baking?  Well I did this morning. 

So far I have made....

1. Doughnut Holes from Sarah Kramer's La Dolce Vegan!






2. Breakfast Casserole, my own recipe.






3. Oatmeal Cookies, adapted from Simple Oatmeal Cookies in La Dolce Vegan! 
 Recipe Below! Bear with me this is the first time I've wrote out a recipe. 










Heres my Oatmeal Cookies.  I call them Everything Oatmeal

1/2 cup vegan margarine (room temp)
2 tbsp raw sugar
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup soy milk
1 tsp wheat germ
1 tsp milled flax seed
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 mini m&m's

Preheat oven to 325. Mix sugar and margarine together.  Add in everything else but the m&m's and mix well.  Once everything is combined good add your m&m's.  I roll mine into small balls and then kinda flatten them. Bake at 325 for 15-17 minutes.  This makes about 12 nice sized cookies.  I almost always double it though! I like this because you can add whatever you want to it.  Today I also threw in some mini reese's pieces.

They are kid approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment