Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New Tunes Tuesday

Welcome to my first New Tunes Tuesday! I will be talking about music I like, old and new. Since this is my first week I am going to just kinda give you an over view of what I like.  I am all over the map with my musical taste.  I grew up with my mom and grandma listening to old country, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Earnest Tubb, Patsy Cline and so on.  I still love old country music but I am somewhat particular about new country music, if it doesn't have a fiddle or steel guitar to me its not country =)

Now I'm going to show you how eclectic my musical taste is....

Top 5 Artists (in not particular order)
1. The Decemberists
2.Everclear
3.Yeah Yeah Yeah's
4. George Straight
5. Matchbox Twenty

Wow that was hard and it changes from day to day now in no particular order other artists I like are...
She & Him, Bird and the Bee, Janis Joplin, Blind Pilot, Old Crow Medicine Show, Bob Dylan, Brad Paisley,  Little Big Town, Aerosmith, Florence and the Machine, Company of Thieves, Holly Golightly and the Brokeoffs, Mumford and Sons, Pink, Amy Winehouse, Ben Folds, Blink 182, No Doubt it goes on and on....I could sit here all day name music but I'm not going to bore you with that today.

Music is a big part of my life, I can hear a song and remember a specific time of my life. Example, Shooter Jennings had a song called "4th of July" and every time I hear that song I go back to the first summer I spent with my husband in his semi and it makes me smile. I feel in love with my husband that summer and that song was the background music.


The same goes for thinking back to major events in my life they are all tied to music.  When my grandmother passed away Backstreet Boys "Show me the Meaning of being Lonely" was big and I can remember just sitting in my car crying listening to that song over and over.  Now I don't think when that song was written that they were thinking about the death of a grandmother, but, for me, that's what the song was about and it meant a lot to me. There are a lot of songs i tie to my grandma, but they are all happy, that song makes me think of her death and how hard it was.

On a happy note right now I am rocking out to some Eisley, a recent discovery and just bouncing away.  I hope everyone enjoyed my first new Tunes Tuesday! Next week I will focus on a single, artist album or maybe even song! Thanks for Checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment