Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Freezer Paper Stencil Captain America Tee

Who Knew! Freezer paper is an amazing little invention! I have read about it on so many blogs and I was waiting to find just the right project for my first attempt.  Well I found that project over at I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar.  She has an amazing tutorial for Captain America tee's.  Well my son is now completely obsessed with him, even though we have not seen the movie and never watched a cartoon.  So I thought this would be the perfect first project for freezer paper stenciling.  I think I may have been a little ambitious hah.

Now don't get me wrong it is very easy to do and she has wonderful instructions, but I am not good with details and being precise.  I think I should have picked something out that didn't require you to be quiet so accurate.  Lets get to some pictures and I will tell you what I did wrong and what I will do again!

Ok, here it goes.  First off so glad I spent the $5 on the x-acto knife, I don't think you could really do it without that.  I printed off the design from I Am Momma's site and traced it onto my freezer paper.  Here's where my first mistake came.  I can't trace hah.  Back to the whole detail orientated thing, tracing is very hard for me I never get my lines right and I tend to rush.  This is one of the reason why I think this was an ambitious first project, for me.   You have to get those circles just right or the stencil won't line up right.

 I have the first part all ironed on and started painting my white.  I am feeling really good at the point.  The paper really does iron right on. 
 Now this was the tricky part, see that middle white ring?  Well I painted that first and then put the stencil over it and it didn't line up perfect.  Now I'm sure I could have done something like make another one but eh, I was just more playing then anything.  So since it didn't line and cover all that i painted white I got some red paint on the white ring.  Not that big of a deal my son didn't care that it was perfect!



Here is is all finished! I am pretty happy with it.  like I said no perfect but cute none the less.  The kiddo doesn't mind so neither do I. 

 Have to throw in a few action shots.  Mamaw had just bought him the shield the day before and I do believe he is getting the helmet tomorrow.  Oh I also added a little star to the bottom of the shirt, just cause!  Thanks for looking and I will have more freezer paper adventures soon!

1 comment:

  1. I think it turned out pretty cute!! I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete