Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cooking Sunday! Confetti Rice




Taco Night, or as T calls it, Taco Bell dinner.  He loves Taco Bell and we do eat there occasionally but at least once a week we have tacos. 
Since we don't really eat meat, my taco filling is a little different. I use rice with some lovely items mixed in.  This week we had brown rice with corn and edamame.  I usually throw black beans in there also but I was out =( I use this as taco filling for me and I make a bowl for T.  The thing I like about this recipe is you can add anything you want.  This week I just made the basic and at the end I will give you some possible additions.  So here is the basic recipe



Confetti Rice
1 TBS butter or oil 
1 cup edamame
1 cup corn fresh or frozen
1 packet taco seasoning or more to taste
2 Cups cooked brown rice
1/2 Cup Black beans drained and rinsed

Heat oil in pan, add edamame and saute' for a few minutes.  Add corn and taco seasoning next and cook for about five minutes.  Once the edamame and corn are fully heated  add the rice and black beans and cook for about 10 minutes. Taste and add more taco seasoning if needed.  Corn and edamame will brown slightly.  Use as taco filling or make a rice bowl add toppings eat and enjoy!

Pretty simple I know but we eat this at least once a week around here, its a great way to use left over rice.   Some great additions to your taco or rice bowl would be, black olives, salsa,sour cream ( we use tofutti) lettuce, tomatoes, onions,  cheese or anything else you can think of.  For this one we added onion and cheese. This can also be vegan if you omit the cheese or use soy or my favorite Daiya Cheese. 


Thanks for reading and I hoped you enjoyed my recipe.  Next week a twist on traditional rice crispy treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment