Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Art


I was looking for a fun way to display lil man's wonderful art work.  This is what I came up with. 

 There isn't one site I looked at and thought, I want to do that.  I knew I wanted something that I could easily change out the art.  I started first with just the twine and art work.  I knew it needed something above it.  

I was going to take a piece of pallet and stencil some amazing quote about children and art on it.  Well that didn't happen hah.  I couldn't find a quote and I hate cutting out stencils.  

Then I discovered the joys of printing on fabric!  Seriously, you can run fabric right through you printer.  That opened a whole new world of ideas.  

So I downloaded a very cool font, monbijoux, from dafont,  printed each letter on its own fabric and enhanced it with stitches.  

I knew I wanted them to be linked together some how so I found some fun yarn from my stash and started wrapping.  Throw in a little twine and I love it! 






3 comments: