Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Blueberry, Lemon, White Chocolate Chip Cookies!


What better to do on a cold semi snowy day?  Well bake cookies of course!   My wonderful husband bought me Isa and Terry's vegan cookie book for Christmas.  I am a big Isa fan, she has the most amazing cook books.  I've been cooking my way through it.  I wanted to change it up today.  I had some frozen blue berries that were screaming my name but I wasn't in a muffin mood.  I also kinda wanted come chocolate chips, but I didn't have any =(  After raiding my pantry I found some white chocolate chips.  Hmm blueberries, white chocolate chips.  Good start, how about we throw some lemon in there maybe a little sea salt.  I adapted these from the standard chocolate chip cookie recipe.  

Blueberry, Lemon, White Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/4 brown sugar
1/2 raw sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
1 tablespoon cornstartch
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
juice and zest from half a lemon 
2 cups white wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup blueberries


Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease two large light metal baking sheets.
Mix together sugars, oil, milk and corn startch in a mixing bowl. Use a strong fork and mix really well, for about 2 minutes, until it resembles smooth caramel. There is a chemical reaction when sugar and oil collide, so it’s important that you don’t get lazy about that step. Mix in the vanilla, lemon juice and zest.
Add 1 cup of the flour, the baking soda and salt. Mix until well incorporated. Mix in the rest of the flour.  Add in white chocolate chips and blueberries.  My dough was a little runny so I did add a little more flour till it was the right consistency. 
I used a cookie scoop.  They will spread just a bit. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes until they are just a little browned around the edges.  Let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Thanks Isa! This was a wonderful recipe it was so much fun adapting it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment