Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Beach Pillow

I made this pillow with the Beach Babes pattern from Sublime Stitching.  It is a gift for my step brother and his partner.  They have a condo in Rehoboth Beach DE that they let us stay at.  I embroidered it on yellow gingham.  I added pom pom trim and a plain white backing.  Here is all the pictures from start to finish! 

It was a little harder then I thought it would be.  I've never put a trim in a pillow before and I am a beginner on my sewing machine.  I got through it though and I am about 90% satisfied. 

 Next time I will do the trim a little different, overlap it and pin it all at once.  I did it side by side this time and it made it kinda hard. 


 Here it is before I stuffed it. 
 And finally here it is all stuffed and finished! I love it and I think I might make something similer for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment